With changing telecom landscape and the exponential growth in smartphone usage, operators are constantly looking for efficient ways to connect and engage with their subscribers. It is time for telecom operators to drive self-care applications to gain more from automated interactions and offer a seamless user experience.
Chatbots or bots are simple artificial intelligence systems that one can interact via text. It’s a conversation robot. In case of Communication Service Providers, chatbots function as an extension of instant messenger and users can chat with virtual agents that simulate a human conversation to resolve 1st level (basic) support queries related to billing, plan discrepancies, payment issues etc.
Importance of Chatbots
There are various self-care options like customer web portal, mobile app, SMS, instant messaging, kiosk, social media, e-mail, Interactive Voice Response, Chatbots, call centre, operator store, click to call, FAQs etc.
Let us explore why the next-generation platform “Chatbots” is considered as the next big thing in technology and how it can revolutionize customer management and user experience.
Future of Chatbots – Interesting Statistics
- According to Gartner, more than 85% of customer interactions will be managed without a human by 2020
- Chatbots are expected to be the number one consumer application of artificial intelligence in the next five years according to TechEmergence
- The global Chatbots market is expected to reach USD 1.25 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 24.3%, according to a new report by Grand View Research
- All major tech giants such as Google, FB, Microsoft, CNN, HSBC, NBA and Disney have invested in Chatbots
Advantages of Chatbots
- 24*7 customer support
- No degrade in quality of service offered
- Zero human intervention and reduced cost of maintaining a full-fledged customer contact centre
- Chatbots can handle more customers at the same time
- Seamless automation of repeated queries
- With artificial intelligence and machine learning, chatbots can act as a personal assistant, answering customers’ queries
- Offers superior customer experience and personalized engagement
- Robust mechanism to generate qualified leads
- Automatically manages feeds received from social media
- Timely resolution of customer queries
- Capable of reaching a broad audience on messenger apps
Though chatbots have immense potential, they might pose challenges technology advancement. Chatbots have to be highly customized to make it effective for the customers’ day-to-day requirements.
Sterlite Tech’s pre-integrated ‘BSS of the Future’ offers advanced customization that seamlessly automates basic repeated queries and saves resource, cost and time involved in solving customers’ queries.
To know more, visit our website www.elitecore.com/bss-of-the-future.htm